CMS Connect is accessible from PCS or Smart Devices and includes three different, mutually integrated applications.
Section designed for the continuous monitoring of machine operation, with information on:
- Status: machine status overviews both live and on a historical basis. The representations provided allow machine availability to be checked – to identify possible bottlenecks in the production flow;
- Monitoring: instantaneous, live display of the operation of the machine and its components (spindle, vacuum pump, etc.), of currently running programs and potentiometers;
- Production: list of machine programs run within a given timeframe with best time and average running time;
- Alarms: active and historical warnings.
This section provides a first approach to predictive maintenance by sending notifications when machine components indicate a potentially critical state associated with reaching a certain threshold. In this way, it is possible to take action and schedule maintenance services, without any down-time. By constantly monitoring the use of components, Smart Maintenance offers a genuine “condition-based” maintenance service, which allows action to be taken based on the efficiency of the components. Smart Maintenance also makes CMS’s support to customers more specifically targeted and faster through a constant flow of data from the machine to the Service suppliers.
Section designed for KPI (key performance indicator) presentation for all the machines connected to the platform. The indicators provided assess:
- The availability and productivity of the machine;
- The efficiency of the machine;
CMS Connect uses the standard OPC-UA communication protocol. CMS connect’s Cloud and DataLake levels meet all state-of-the-art cyber-security requirements. Customer data are encrypted and authenticated to ensure total protection of sensitive information.